I’ve known and learned from young readers and writers as a K-2 classroom teacher, Director of Curriculum and Instruction for a national literacy nonprofit, and my current role as a parent of three boys, ages 1, 3 and 5.
I hold degrees in Child Development from Tufts University and Curriculum and Instruction from Lesley University. A lifelong student, I am passionate about infusing time-honored teaching methods with current research on literacy learning and child development.
Examples of services I provide include:
- Production of early childhood and elementary curriculum materials for reading, writing, oral language, social emotional learning and content area learning
- Alignment of existing or new curricula to the Common Core or your state standards, or filling of “gaps” in published curricula
- Production and presentation of educator, family and volunteer resources for read aloud, understanding early literacy development, and family engagement
- Blog posts and other web content tailored to your organizational goals (See samples of my work on my Contently page.)
- Strategic, flexible consultation to tackle the literacy needs and goals of school districts, nonprofits, children’s publishers, and families
My expertise and multiple perspectives to find solutions to your organization’s literacy needs. Please contact me today!