I draw on my experiences as a K-2 classroom teacher, Director of Curriculum and Instruction for a national literacy nonprofit, and my current role as a literacy consultant, freelance writer, and parent of four children under six!
I hold degrees in Child Development from Tufts University and Literacy Curriculum and Instruction from Lesley University. A lifelong student, I am passionate about infusing time-honored knowledge in the field with recent research.
Sample services include:
- Blog content customized for your organization’s needs and target audience
- Materials for PreK-5 classroom use, including read aloud guides, guided reading lesson plans, and literacy curriculum units
- Customized children’s book lists to fit particular curriculum or programming needs
- Volunteer resources and student materials for literacy tutoring programs
- Family literacy resources for birth-elementary school
- Documentation of existing curriculum alignment to state or national standards and supplemental materials to fill “gaps” in published curricula
- Presentations and training content on a variety of language and literacy topics
My recent clients include digital media sources for parents and educators, children’s publishers, and major literacy nonprofits. You can find many samples of written work linked on my Contently page. I’m also happy to provide references or samples of materials developed for specific organizations.