I hold degrees in Child Development from Tufts University and Literacy Curriculum and Instruction from Lesley University. I’m an experienced preschool-2nd grade teacher and served as director of curriculum and instruction for a national K-5 literacy intervention nonprofit. As a writer and consultant, I’ve been fortunate to work with and learn from digital media outlets, literacy nonprofits, children’s publishers, and other education organizations. My own children, ages 2, 4, 6, and 8, ground my work in the reality of family life; they also vet countless children’s books and curriculum ideas!
Developmentally appropriate and research-based practice drives my work. I believe that with the right background knowledge, tools and support, adults—whether they are parents, caregivers, early childhood teachers, elementary teachers, or volunteers—can effectively support children’s learning and holistic development.
My writing and consulting services include:
- Website and blog content for educators, parents, and education stakeholders, including sponsored content
- Materials for PreK-5 classroom use, including read aloud guides, guided reading lesson plans, and literacy curriculum units
- Volunteer resources and student materials for literacy tutoring programs
- Family literacy resources for birth-elementary school
- Presentations and training content on a variety of language and literacy topics
- NEW FOR 2020: At-home early childhood learning support for families